We always need help, and there are lots of ways to do it! Here are some ideas:
- Meet us at our warehouse (2800 Sisson Street) every Thursday-Sunday to help sort and bag produce for our Healthy Blue Bags.
- Attend one of our Gleaning events to collect produce from a local farm (Spring and Fall)
- If you don’t mind a little heavy lifting, help us load and unload produce deliveries.
- Attend a work day at one of our outdoor hoop houses (good for larger groups)
- Got communications skills? Get involved with social media or the website.
- Artistic? Help us with photography, film and flyers for outreach efforts.
- Are you a great writer? Why not help out with informational materials or grants?
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about volunteering, ask your local farmer/grocery if they’d be interested in donating produce.
- Have a truck? Help us transport cardboard to the recycling center!
- Like to compost? We’ve got plenty of compostable produce to spare, just bring your own container.
- Tell us your ideas!
Please note that this is not the place to sign up for volunteering! If you would like to sign up for our regular weekly activities, please follow this link to our SignUpGenius Page: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084daaac28a3fe3-weekly2